Stay Safe with Safe Driving
7 August, 2017
We are obligated to stay focused every time we drive to prevent disadvantages both individually and socially. The impact of negligent and reckless driving is traffic accidents. It’s written in the Law No. 22 of 2009 on traffic and transportation that the sanction for negligent drivers is a maximum prison sentence of 12 years or a maximum fine of Rp 24 million.
How To Drive Safely?
You can apply some of the following tips when you drive in order to prevent unexpected occurrences:
Smart driving is a significant factor when you drive. When you sign up to get driving license, you must pass several theoretical and practical tests. These tests are advantageous as you will become knowledgeable of important matters when you drive on the road.
Elements of smart driving include:
- Comply with traffic signs.
- Avoid blind spots when you drive.
- Turn on car lights in daytime whenever the environment starts to get dark.
- Do not cut other lanes recklessly.
- Maintain a normal speed and a safe distance from other cars beside and in front of yours.
- Always ready with your car horn so that other drivers are aware of your position.
Many traffic accidents occurred because drivers were not focused when they’re driving. Focus is the main key for drivers to stay safe during a trip. Never do activities that distract concentration when you drive, including using mobile phone or other electronic gadgets.
To drive casually means not to speed rashly like in a drag racing or any other aggressive driving. Always be careful with other drivers. Maintain a safe 2-second cushion between you and the car in front of you. Make that 4 seconds if the weather is bad.
Make organized plan
Organize things that will help you stay focused when you drive. For instance, plan ahead to stop for rest breaks or to buy some drinks and snacks. Adjust your seat, steering wheel, and mirrors to help look around your surroundings. Pull over for a few minutes to eat or drink in the car.
Also read: Tips For Drive Night
If The Car Is Not In Good Condition
Make sure you have checked the whole car components prior to taking a trip. Don’t get yourself into having troubles on the road due to damaged car components. Here are some impacts when your car is not in good condition:
Traffic accidents may happen if you force a car in bad condition to work. Generally, car components like brake, engine oil and tires are the main causes of accident. Loose brake is usually caused by lack of brake fluid, worn out brake pads, damaged brake caliper piston, clogged brake fluid reservoir hose, and dirty brake fluid. Therefore, regular check-up on crucial car components is necessary in order to minimize possible accidents.
Aside from traffic accidents that are fatal both for you and other drivers, the other thing that may happen when your car is not in good condition is that you’ll get a severely damaged car. If you continuously use your car despite its bad condition, it will get worse. Consequently, your car might stop suddenly in the middle of the road. You can hardly get it started because certain components are so badly damaged due to excessive use without regular services.
Also read: Maintaining Comfortable Car Suspension
There are some simple tips to take care of your car engine so that it can always perform well and long lasting. By applying these tips, you can drive your car casually and it still has high selling price. Besides, your car can run more smoothly, balanced, safe and comfortable too.
- Change engine oil regularly and in time based on distance covered and oil expiration date. Choose proper engine oil for your car.
- Check radiator fluid routinely. Clean the radiator so that the fluid flows well.
- Clean carburetor filter from dirt and stain.
- Adjust the amount of your baggage with luggage capacity. Don’t make your car overloaded. Car engine can be damaged due to extra work, which will lead to accidents.
- Avoid sudden stop so that brake pads have longer usability.
- Pay careful attention to car suspension, including wheels, brake, coil springs, and rubber seals that will influence your comfort during a trip.
- Get regular tune-up to make sure that car engine and all of its supporting components function well.