SOME EXERCISES YOU CAN DO WITH FAMILY
2 August, 2017
Hectic activities at work often make you forget to exercise. But despite your tight scheduled business, spare your time to exercise anyway. Physical activities can make you healthier and happier. If you exercise regularly, you can get the following benefits:
- Ward off sickness
- Prevent heart diseases and stroke. Exercise can strengthen cardiac muscle, lower blood pressure, increase high-density lipoprotein (HDL) or the good cholesterol, decrease low-density lipoprotein(LDL) or the bad cholesterol, and enhance heart’s ability to pump blood.
- Control diabetes. Exercise can eliminate fat in your body, thus prevent as well as control diabetes so insulin dosage won’t be needed.
- Decrease blood pressure. Regular exercise can reduce body weight that leads to a lower blood pressure.
- Prevent back pain. Increase of strength, muscle resistance, and body flexibility resulted from exercising can help prevent back pain.
- Fend off obesity. When completed with appropriate nutrition, regular exercise can help control body weight thus prevent obesity that may cause various diseases.
- Delay physical limitations during senior years. Running or any aerobic exercise is proven to be able to help delay physical limitations when someone reaches senior years.
- Diminish risks of osteoporosis. Weightlifting routines can help build bones and at the same time prevent various bone weaknesses due to aging such as osteoporosis.
- Increase quality of life. Working out is not only beneficial for physical health as it can also increase quality of life.
- Improve mood. Exercise can stimulate brain chemicals, making you feel relaxed and happier.
- Increase self-confidence. Regular exercise can also make you more confident with your appearance.
- Handle stress. Exercise gives psychological effects too, such as decreasing depression and pressure.
- Make great sleep. Regular exercise can help you get sleep earlier and better. However, avoid working out at times that are too close with your sleeping hours.
- Revitalize sexual desire. Physical activities can also increase sexual desire in women and lessen the possibility of erectile dysfunction in men.
- Enjoy fun moments. Exercise and physical activities are some of the ways to spend spare time joyfully. They can also help strengthen relationship with friends and family if conducted together.
Exercises are varied from the ones that require no money to those that are costly. Exercises can also be done indoor or outdoor.
- Jogging or morning walk
These are the easiest and cheapest exercises. They can be done around housing complex or in an open yard around your residence where jogging track is available. If you have pet dog, you can take the dog to run along with you in a morning run. If you want different experience, you can also have morning run with family on main roads during Car Free Day event.
You can bring your family to bike together. Like jogging, biking can be done around your house or on main roads during Car Free Day event.
Swimming will be so much fun when it is done with family at a sport club near your house or at a water park, which will certainly be interesting for both children and adults.
- Ball playing
Exercises using balls such as tennis, table tennis, basketball, and football can also be done with family. There is no need to have the required number of players to play basketball or football. The most important thing is to train how to throw and lead a ball in basketball, or how to pass and kick a ball in football.
Playing badminton is very good for agility and to train hands and feet muscles.
Games in outbound can be a fun choice for exercise as they can train muscles, body balance and courage.
- Work out at gym
Some fitness centers or gyms now provide aerobic dance for children. That way, adults can work out with family at the same place.
If you haven’t exercise regularly, start now. You can choose whatever exercise that you like, and it will be more fun if you’re doing it with family.