Techniques and Solutions for Car Parking in Narrow Places
Parking a car in narrow spaces can be a challenge for many drivers in big cities. However, with some proper parking techniques, you can park your car safely and avoid damaging your car. Whether the parking space is wide or narrow, this activity both requires high skill and precision. Many people have a hard time doing this.
The most common techniques are perpendicular parking, oblique parking, and parallel parking. Perpendicular parking requires more space, while oblique and parallel parking can help you save space and get through tight spaces.
In this article, we will discuss parking techniques that can help you overcome the problem of parking your car in narrow spaces safely and easily.
How to Park a Car in a Narrow Place?
Car parking in big cities with narrow parking lots can be a problem for many drivers. However, by mastering proper parking techniques, you can easily overcome this. Here are some car parking techniques in narrow places that you need to know:
1. Check parking space
Before parking the car, make sure to check the parking space carefully. Check the size of the parking lot and the position of the cars around you. This will help you determine the most appropriate parking technique for that parking space.
2. Take into account the car body with a parking area
After knowing the parking area, also know the size of your car body to avoid damage, either to the car body or the walls of the parking lot. In addition, with increasingly advanced technology, compact cars are now available which are ideal for parking in tight spaces, such as the Wuling Air EV electric car.
The body of the Wuling Air EV is designed with a small and compact design, making this car ideal for parking in tight spaces. The design wrap is also designed to assist the driver when driving in a less wide area, making it possible to perform accurate parking maneuvers. It measures 2.8 meters long, 1.5 meters wide and 1.7 meters high, making it ideal for parking in tight spaces.
3. Use the mirror
The use of mirrors when parking the car in a narrow place is very important. Use the mirrors to monitor the distance between the car and the car next to you. By carefully monitoring the distance, you can ensure that the car does not hit the car next to you.
4. Use the handbrake
When parking the car in a narrow area, be sure to use the handbrake. The handbrake can help keep the car stable and prevent the car from moving backwards or forwards.
Are There Parking Techniques To Keep The Car Lasting?
Apart from mastering car parking techniques in narrow places, keeping the car durable is also important. Here are some parking techniques to keep the car durable:
Avoid parking in hot places
Avoid parking your car in direct sunlight or very hot places. Excessive heat can damage the condition of the engine and also make the car interior quickly damaged.
Avoid parking in wet places
Do not park your car in a place that is wet or submerged in water, because this can damage the condition of the car and also accelerate corrosion of the car body.
Use the ignition
Make sure to always lock the ignition when parking the car. This can help prevent car theft and also keep your car safe.
How to Do Reverse Parking
Reverse parking is a parking technique that is used when you want to park your car with the back facing forward. Here are some steps and formulas for reverse parking:
- Position the car parallel to the car you want to park in front of it.
- Put into reverse gear and slowly reverse your car. Be sure to monitor the mirrors and also the distance between your car and the cars around you.
- When the car is in the desired position, immediately press the brake and change gears to neutral.
How to Do Oblique Parking
Oblique car parking is a parking technique commonly used to park a car in a narrow area. This technique can be done in the following ways:
- Check the surroundings and size of your car. Make sure the available parking space is large enough to accommodate your car.
- Enter your car into the parking area at a 45 degree angle.
- Gently slide your car forwards or backwards until your car is in the desired position.
- With oblique parking techniques, you can make optimal use of limited parking spaces and avoid damage to your car.
How to Do Parallel Parking
Parallel parking is a type of parking that requires more space than perpendicular parking or oblique parking. The principle is to enter a car into a parallel parking location, that is, when a car is parked in front and back sequentially between one car and another.
Parallel parking is especially helpful when driving through tight spaces, as it allows you to use space more efficiently. The steps for parallel car parking on a narrow road are as follows:
- Prepare enough space to parallel park properly.
- Face your car towards the road and turn the front wheels in the opposite direction.
- Park on the side of the road that has been provided.
- Make sure the car is in a predetermined parking location.
- Enter your car into the parking area at a 90 degree angle.
- Press the brake pedal and slide the car in the right direction.
- After the wheel position is correct, release the brake.
- Turn the front wheels toward the road, and make sure the car is moving straight.
- Make sure the vehicle is in a predetermined parking location.
With the parallel parking technique, you can park your car safely and avoid damaging your car and other vehicles parked around you.
How to Do Perpendicular Parking
Perpendicular car parking is the most commonly used parking technique. Here are some tips and tricks for parking straight ahead safely and easily:
- Make sure your car is parallel to the parking lane.
- Place your car in the middle of the parking space.
- Don't forget to hit the brakes while parking your car.
Having the right parking technique is very important to avoid damage to your car when parking in a narrow area. However, apart from using the right parking technique, another solution to the parking problem is to have a car that fits the parking space conditions, such as Air ev. With compact body dimensions and sophisticated parking features, this electric car can make it easier for you to park your car in narrow spaces safely and easily.