How to Clean Car Ceilings Effectively and Practically?
Often when cleaning a car, we only pay attention to the seats and underside, even though the ceiling of the car must also be considered clean. The top can also get dirty, because dust from outside the car will stick to it. Then how do you clean the ceiling of a car that is practical and effective? Check out some of the tips here.
In general, we always prioritize the upholstery and the bottom only when washing a car, even though the ceiling of the car must also be considered clean. The top can also get dirty, because dust from outside the car will stick to it. Then how do you clean the ceiling of a car that is practical and effective? Check out some of the tips here.
Clean the Ceiling Regularly
Make sure to clean the car ceiling regularly, at least once a week. Use upholstery cleaning fluids, cloths, and brushes that have soft bristles and are safe for car interiors. Here are the steps:
- Open the car door so that the air in the car keeps going in and out properly as long as we use upholstery cleaning fluid.
- Use rubber gloves to keep your hands safe.
- You can do it regularly with just clean water, but if the stains are stubborn you can use cleaning fluid or vanish. Just spray enough cleaning fluid onto a cloth or brush.
- Brush the ceiling in small circular motions until the cleaning fluid starts to foam.
- Make sure not to press too hard on the ceiling, just brush gently, because brushing too hard can damage the ceiling material or the layer underneath. This method should remove light dirt that doesn't stain.
- After all parts of the ceiling have been cleaned, prepare a clean, dry microfiber cloth.
- Wipe the ceiling with a microfiber cloth, pressing gently on all parts of the ceiling, so that the cleaning water can be absorbed properly.
- Then wipe with a circular motion to make it cleaner.
- Repeat this movement if there are still areas that are less clean.
If done regularly, the ceiling of the car must always be kept clean. This method can also be practiced on the ceiling of the Wuling Almaz RS cabin which comes with a Panoramic Sunroof. The sunroof can be cleaned immediately with a glass cleaner, while the soft parts of the ceiling can be cleaned in the above way. The Panoramic Sunroof on Almaz RS measures 0.82 m², making the spacious interior look wider.
Cleaning the Ceiling from Stains
Stains don't just appear on the upholstery and floor of the car. Car ceilings can also get stains that are difficult to clean. Here's how to clean hard-to-clean stains on the ceiling of a car, such as mold, that you can do yourself without going to a repair shop:
- Use the same method as above, but repeat several times until the stain is gone.
- If the method above doesn't work and the stain is still there, use the best car ceiling cleaning fluid that is sold on the market. You can also use a steam cleaner or steam cleaner. Steam cleaners work by suppressing steam so that it can penetrate stains, because of that even difficult-to-clean stains can be lost.
- Steam cleaners are available in small sizes that are perfect for cleaning car interiors.
- Spray the cleaning liquid from the steam cleaner onto the stained ceiling area, leaving a distance of about 5.1 cm between the steam cleaner and the ceiling.
- Do not apply too much liquid to the stained area, as this can damage the adhesive under the ceiling.
- After that, use a clean microfiber cloth to absorb the upholstery cleaning liquid in the stained ceiling area earlier. Use the same method as the first method, using a circular motion and pressing gently so that the water is absorbed.
Cleaning the Ceiling with the Deep Clean Method
If the car ceiling hasn't been cleaned for a long time, it's time for you to do a deep clean, or clean it thoroughly. The tools needed are the same, namely upholstery cleaning liquid and also a soft brush suitable for interior materials. It's just that the details of cleaning are slightly different.
Here are the steps to cleaning the car ceiling using the deep clean method that you can try:
- Spray the upholstery cleaner onto the brush. The difference is, if the method above only sprayed the top, now spray a little more on all parts of the brush.
- Make sure to open the car and garage doors so that the air vents work properly and use rubber gloves to keep your hands safe from irritating cleaners made from chemicals, especially this time using more liquid.
- Brush the ceiling with long and back and forth motions, until the cleaning liquid forms foam.
- During the cleaning process, you may spray the upholstery cleaning liquid again on the brush, especially if the foam of the cleaning fluid has disappeared.
- More focus for the ceiling area with stains that are difficult to remove, with a circular motion of the brush in that area.
- To clean up the remaining cleaning fluid, use a hand vacuum cleaner so that the liquid is more easily absorbed and dried. This method is most effective for cleaning stains from cigarette smoke and other smoke.
- Drying with a vacuum cleaner should be able to absorb the remaining liquid perfectly, but to make it drier, it's best to leave the car window open for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, re-check by hand, and feel whether the ceiling is completely dry or not.
- If the ceiling is still not dry because of rainy or cloudy weather, repeat drying with the help of a vacuum cleaner.
That's how to clean the car ceiling complete with the steps. Basically, how to clean the ceiling of your car can only be done with a soft cloth dampened with water. With a note that you clean it regularly.