Understanding the Different Types of SIM A
What are the different types of cars eligible to drive with a driving licence or SIM A? Maybe that's what many people often ask. As we know that every driver who drives on the highway must have a SIM or driving license. A driver's license is proof of the legitimacy of the driver's ability according to the type of driver's license.
There are types of SIM based on the type of car being driven. One of them is SIM A, which is used for four-wheeled vehicles. So, to find out more about what SIM A is, what type of car drivers are for, and what are the requirements for getting one, see the following review!
About SIM A
SIM or driving license is a document proof of registration and identification used for drivers who have met the necessary requirements. These requirements include administrative papers, being physically and mentally healthy, having traffic rules understanding, and being proficient in driving a motorized vehicle.
Meanwhile, SIM A is a type of driver's license for private car drivers and individual goods cars that weigh less than 3,500 kg. SIM A is divided into 2 types:
- Individual SIM A: valid for drivers of vehicles with a maximum weight of 3,500 kg in the form of personal passenger cars and goods.
- General SIM A: valid for drivers of vehicles with a maximum weight of 3,500 kg in the form of passenger cars and general goods cars. However, before having a general SIM A, one must have an individual SIM A first.
That being said, what kind of vehicles are under the scope of SIM A? Several light category four-wheeled motor vehicles whose drivers are required to have SIM A include:
- Micro truck
So for you drivers of Formo Max pick-up car, you must have a SIM A so you can drive comfortably on the streets.
Requirements to Acquire SIM A
So what are the requirements that must be met in order to acquire SIM A? Following are the requirements:
The age that is allowed to get SIM A is:
- For individual SIM A, the minimum age is 17 years
- For general SIM A, the minimum age is 20 years
To acquire SIM A, there are administrative requirements needed, including:
- Fill out the manual SIM registration form or show proof of electronic SIM registration.
- Attach a photocopy of KTP.
- Attach a photocopy of driving training certificate (no later than 6 months from issue).
- Attach a work permit from the Ministry of Manpower for foreigners working in Indonesia.
- Record biometrics in the form of fingerprints, faces, or eye retinas.
- Submit proof of payment of non-tax state revenue.
There are several health checks that must be carried out to get a SIM A, including:
- Conduct physical health checks which include vision, hearing, physical limbs, and others.
- Conduct a spiritual health examination which includes cognitive, psychomotor, and also personality abilities.
4. Pass the Exam
The last requirement is to pass the exam. To acquire SIM A, you must pass an exam which includes a theory test, skills test, and a practical exam.
How to make SIM A
Next, how do you make driving license (SIM) A? First off, you need to come to the local Samsat office with the required requirements. Later there will be a series of tests that must be carried out to get the SIM A. In addition, there are a number of fees that must be paid in making a SIM, including a SIM fee of Rp 120,000, an insurance fee of Rp 30,000, and a medical examination fee of Rp 25,000.
To highlight, driver's license A must be owned by personal passenger cars and goods, as well as passenger cars and general goods with a maximum weight of 3,500 kg, such as cars, pick-ups, micro buses and micro trucks. Hope you find the above review helpful!